MANUFACTURING EXECUTION SYSTEM (MES)
WHAT IS A MANUFACTURING EXECUTION SYSTEM (MES).?
- Manufacturing execution systems (MES) are computerized production management systems used in manufacturing to track and document the transformation of raw materials to finished goods.
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) are IT-enabled systems that provide solutions for improving and optimizing the manufacturing process to the production floor engineers and managers. MES provides a solution as to how the current conditions of the shop floor are altered to generate greater output at a minimal cost.
Why is an MES essential for manufacturing companies today?
- Providing real-time quality data checks and real-time
feedback needed to quickly identify and resolve issues for continuous product and process improvement and optimization of manufacturing processes.
- MES helps to control and optimize Production efficiently.
- Helps to reduce scrap and eliminates paperwork errors and redundant checks.
How Does MES Works..?
- An MES operates step by step, through all the tasks required to transform raw materials into finished goods
- It does this using digital work instructions, production routings, and connecting to production machinery to build a traceable record of the manufacture of products within a factory.
- Each part of the device is identified by a barcode against that particular Model.
- The different parts of the devices are checked, verified, and assembled according to the barcodes
- Real-Time production helps to keep a record of Production Rate as well as Wastage rates.
Benefits Of A Manufacturing Execution System
• Human errors are negligible
• Barcode Implementation
• Elimination of paperwork and manual data-entry processes
• Lower labour costs
• Reduces manufacturing time
• Improves product quality
• Customer satisfaction
• Improved supply chain visibility